ZTE’s Trek 2 HD not only set a benchmark for affordable tablet, it also was the most popular tablet. It offered the right mix of power and performance on a budget. Shipped with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, there is still no word on whether the tablet will be updated to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. But for those who can’t wait for the official update to arrive, there are custom ROMs that let you install the latest, unofficial operating system right away.
LineageOS has been around for a while and has a lot of followers. I have personally used it on multiple smartphones myself and totally loved how certain things are handled on it, especially the customization options which are abundant.
The Lineage OS 14.1 for Trek 2 HD is made especially for the tablet and works really well on it. The ROM is able to boot up your tablet, take calls, send SMS, use mobile data, and use Wi-Fi, camera, and video playback among a few things. So, basically everything works perfectly fine on this ROM and it is stable.
Prerequisites before flashing LineageOS ROM
NiceTQ USB-C USB3.1 Data Sync Charger Power Cable Cord for ZTE K88 AT&T Trek 2 8' HD 16GB WiFi 4G-LTE Android Tablet. 3.5 out of 5 stars 5.
Before you go ahead and install the Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on your Trek 2 HD, you must ensure that your tablet has an unlocked bootloader. You’ll also need root access and TWRP custom recovery installed on your smartphone.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineageOS 14 ROM on ZTE Trek 2 HD (K88)
- Download GApps or Android 7.1 from here. Ensure that you choose ARM64 as the platform, Android 7.1 in version, and pico or nano in variant. Now, tap on the download icon at the bottom of the page.
- Now reboot into TWRP. To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume UP and Power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180810-nightly-jasmine-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm64-7.1-pico-20180811.zip file and select it.
- After GApps are flashed, reboot your tablet. If the process goes right, your ZTE Trek 2 HD will reboot to the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based LineageOS ROM.
- You can use this stock rom to remove the locked screen, remove root, fix many system errors, and unbrick ZTE ZTE Trek 2 HD K88. DOWNLOADS GET OTHER ZTE.
- Search this site. Top 8 most popular as1 d51 original brands and get free shipping.
- To download firmware Android 8.0 Oreo, 7.1 Nougat, 6.0 Marshmallow, Android 5.1 Lollipop on the ZTE Blade L5 Plus read the article in full – this is important. Install the latest available version of Android, you will be surprised the new opportunities.
Do tell us your personal experiences in the comments, we always love to hear from you.
Are you looking for a way to root your ZTE devices? It's recommended that you should root your device with KingoRoot. It offers the best one-click apk/software to root your android for free.
Like Lenovo, ZTE also has three series on smartphone: AXON, BLADE, and ZTE. However, ZTE is the No.4 largest handset manufacturers worldwide. And ZTE intends to sell 70 million handsets this year, which would increase 32% than last year. Nowadays, ZTE unveiled Blade A2 which is a successor to the Blade A1 launched last year. Blade A2 really has a budget price with not bad specifications.
Root Your ZTE with KingoRoot APK
You should know we do suggest you root your ZTE devices with KingoRoot APK, because it is no need of connecting your computer.
And before you rooting ZTE Android handsets with KingoRoot, please make some preparation first.
- Mentally,You actually should have some knowledge of ROOT. If you don't, please Click here to make sure what you are really doing. After all, rooting your device has both advantages and disadvantages.
- Materially, you have to power on your ZTE, make sure it at least 40% battery level and Internet connection (Wi-Fi is suggested).
If you got ready, let's directly goto the guidence below to root your Android device with KingoRoot.
Step 1: Check 'unknown sources' on your ZTE and allow installation of KingoRoot.apk.
Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
Step 2: Download KingoRoot.apk and install it.
Step 3: Launch KingoRoot.apk and hit 'One Click Root' to start rooting.
Step 4: Wait for a while, the results will display: succeeded or failed.
If you want to root your ZTE with KingoRoot Android (PC version) which has a higher success rate for technical reason, please click below:
How to root any Android device and version with KingoRoot PC Version?
Download Android 7.1 1 For Zte K88
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.